So I got flattened by a chest cold and only now have I got the motivation to write here again.
- Computational biology develops computer models of bacteria sophisticated enough allow us to predict evolution.
- Anyway, I discovered one of my pages appearing in someone’s hotlist.
- PCWorld has some suggestions about how to recycle old hardware. Wired has a few suggestions too.
- Three dimensional printing continues to advance with subsquent benefits for engineering and prototyping.
- Future battlefields will have more and more robots.
- All emergent life on Earth uses the same 20 amino acids to build proteins with. Scientist have just built an organism that uses an amino acid outside that range.
- Big Dead Place is a web site with stories and articles about what it’s really like to live in the most inhospitable place on Earth. I thought it was cool that they think that John Carpenter’s The Thing was a fairly accurate portrayal of life in Antartica.