So where have I been these last two months? I’ve been extremely busy:
- Building a website for a new customer. (Yes, I know the site concerns rather dull subject matter but it pays the bills.)
- Shipping out a lot of orders, updating their site and doing lots of technical support for my new employer.
- Trying to figure out how to make this difficult bit of software work for a small doctor’s office I support.
- Sundry other things–updating other sites for other customers, getting my taxes ready, holidays, etc. etc.
It’s weird. For nearly a year, no serious work and then all of sudden a deluge of tasks. There are still many projects I have yet to do before things diminish to a dull roar here at the mighty, mighty Farlops Industries. Let me list them in order of priority:
- Moving Lord Odinmank’s site into Movable Type. I plan start this immediately upon launching the Dice Institute site.
- Updating this site and this site. I will not start these until point one is launched.
- Way back in November and over the sea, in Thailand, Odinmank launched a few lanterns to memorialize Wade. I want to add those images and text to Wade’s memorial before it scrolls off my root page.
- Income taxes should be easier this year now that I’ve finally got a system in place to keep track of things. No declarations this year either.
- A few more installments of the Udra’s History.
I even worked on MLK Day and didn’t even give him a post, something I’ve been pretty strict about. Just all of a sudden paying gigs came hurtling out of the labor dimension. I’m thinking of raising my rates if this keeps up.
Not really a coherent entry but just thought I’d keep the site fresh with something this new year. Last year was very sparse in new posts, I hope to make up for that this year.